User Menu

Login

AuroraSpjall

The official Auroracoin discussion board

What should be the next project?

Umræður um verkefni tengd Auroracoin
- Discussion regarding Auroracoin related projects

by Bimmerhead » 17 Jan 2015 19:28

What do you think should be the next Auroracoin project?

1. a tipping widget for vBulletin, SMF, and phpBB
2. Electrum lightweight wallet ported to Auroracoin
3. merchant tools
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Skarfurinn » 19 Jan 2015 15:16

I think the tipping widget would be a good addition to Auroracoin.

The main question there is what kind of widget is most useful. Are there any general ones that come as browser plug-ins and can be used to tip anywhere rather than system specific?
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 19 Jan 2015 18:24

The forum tipping widget is probably what I'll do next as it is the least involved project.

I'm not sure how it would be just a general browser plug-in though. Isn't it more needed on the recipient side than the donor side?

I'm leaning toward structuring it as a plugin for these different forums, so that it is simple for the forum admins to install. Ideally it would also allow the forum admin to take a percentage off the top. Not sure how yet how that will be done without having a server side.
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Skarfurinn » 20 Jan 2015 00:03

Also it might be even better to consider a donation plugin for the CMS's rather than the forums. Wordpress, Joomla and Drupal are behind quite a big part of the Internet. Maybe that is something to consider.
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 20 Jan 2015 00:18

Skarfurinn wrote:Also it might be even better to consider a donation plugin for the CMS's rather than the forums. Wordpress, Joomla and Drupal are behind quite a big part of the Internet. Maybe that is something to consider.

What the Chrome wallet allows you to do is highlight and right-click an Auroracoin address and it will prefill the address and let you enter an amount. I think that will likely accomplish what you are thinking.
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 20 Jan 2015 19:38

Skarfurinn wrote:I think the tipping widget would be a good addition to Auroracoin.

The main question there is what kind of widget is most useful. Are there any general ones that come as browser plug-ins and can be used to tip anywhere rather than system specific?

What about something like this: https://github.com/vindimy/altcointip except that can be used on bland.is?

How could we make that work? Some sort of bot that looks for #auroraTip <amount>? Is that technically possible?
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 23 Jan 2015 20:43

I see that bland.is has an api that allows you to verify a messageboard user

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xUs ... _US&pli=1#

Might be possible to build this after all.
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Skarfurinn » 25 Jan 2015 12:37

Yes. I've been thinking to contact them to ask them how they like the idea of the bot. If they like the idea they might be willing to give us some co-operation on this and possibly promote it. That would be great. I just didn't have time for that lately as I'm trying to put my focus on the foundation and the exchange.
Skarfurinn
Dev team

Return to Verkefnin (Projects)