User Menu

Login

AuroraSpjall

The official Auroracoin discussion board

Browser wallet

Umræður um verkefni tengd Auroracoin
- Discussion regarding Auroracoin related projects

by Bimmerhead » 08 Dec 2014 04:23

Would a browser wallet (Chrome extension) like this http://www.sparecoins.io/ be useful?

Would it open up more opportunities for people tipping?

Give that the source code is available here: https://github.com/BitcoinMafia/SpareCoinsExt does that make if fairly straightforward to convert to an Auroracoin wallet?
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Skarfurinn » 08 Dec 2014 15:46

I think this is a very good Idea. It doesn't seem to be that hard to adapt for Auroracoin.
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 10 Dec 2014 13:08

Did some more research on this.

This looks like an even better open source wallet to base something on. Very user friendly, including auto-filling of addresses and amounts:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ihcj?hl=en
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 11 Jan 2015 03:03

The Auroracoin browser wallet is coming along. At this rate is should be ready action before the end of the month.

I'm open to hearing any suggestions for UI enhancement.
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Skarfurinn » 11 Jan 2015 13:09

Actually it just looks quite nice. The only thing is maybe the green colour, it might be more close to the logo's but actually we can use a range of green colours.

One question though. I see that the wallet calculates the value in $, can it be configured for different currencies with ISK included?
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 11 Jan 2015 13:23

Yes, it can calculate for several currencies and ISK will be included.
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 17 Jan 2015 19:27

The wallet is just about done. Sending and receiving is working, as is hovering over an Auroracoin address on a webpage.

One thing that was suggested I include is a Help section.

Is anyone interested in writing short tutorials on the following topics, in Icelandic and English?

Introduction
Setting a Password
Seting Currency
Setting AUR Units
Exporting a Private Key
Importing a Private Key
Recieving Auroracoins
Sending Auroracoins

The extension is attached to play with. Don't risk a large amount of AUR when you're using it please.

To install:
1. Unzip and save to your hard drive
2. In Chrome navigate to chrome://extensions/
3. Check the box that puts you into developer mode
4. Load unpacked extension
Attachments
AuroraWallet-master-upload.zip
(274.56 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 27 Jan 2015 01:49

Wallet is now in the Chrome web store. Please help by testing with small amounts of Auroracoin:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... kddagchieg
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Skarfurinn » 28 Jan 2015 14:56

I have tried it out and I think it's a job well done.
Looks great and everything seems quite smooth.

Maybe the only thing I miss here which is not that of a bit deal is that when you are sending AUR you don't see the total amount including the fee anywhere. Of course it says "(Plus 0.0001 AUR fee) in the input field but it would be nice that when you input 5 AUR into that field that you would see the total 5.0001 somewhere before you send it. The good part is that the fee is subtracted from the remaining amount rather than the amount you send so you actually send the 5 AUR and not 4.9999 like you do in some wallets. I like that more but I'm sure some people like it the other way around.

But all in all it's well done and very useful in my opinion.
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by Dinobotta » 28 Jan 2015 15:56

I was able to deposit to the wallet 1 aur, but when I wanted to send I ran into trouble.
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Dinobotta
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 29 Jan 2015 21:06

Dinobotta wrote:I was able to deposit to the wallet 1 aur, but when I wanted to send I ran into trouble.

What sort of trouble? Did the funds not send but your balanced decreased? Or did the funds send but the balance not decrease? Or did it just 'spin' as if it was working?

Do you remember the address you were trying to send to?
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Dinobotta » 30 Jan 2015 08:59

Bimmerhead wrote:
Dinobotta wrote:I was able to deposit to the wallet 1 aur, but when I wanted to send I ran into trouble.

What sort of trouble? Did the funds not send but your balanced decreased? Or did the funds send but the balance not decrease? Or did it just 'spin' as if it was working?

Do you remember the address you were trying to send to?

I was not able to send. I tried to send half of the amount, didn't work. Ended up getting about 0.4 AUR sent after many tries yesterday. I deposited back about 0.1 AUR and then I wasn't able to send it back.

In all tried transactions I ended up getting "Unknown error". How many confirmations are needed to be able to send again?

I just tried this again now and it went through.
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Dinobotta
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 30 Jan 2015 20:14

The dev is looking at it today. The server was down for a bit yesterday though, maybe you got caught in that.

Can you try it again today?
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Dinobotta » 02 Feb 2015 10:57

I was able to send and receive, perhaps it was the server being down like you mentioned or slow confirmation on the blockchain.

I found a minor issue with the balance updateing.

First when I opened the browser wallet this morning it showed a balance that I didn't have, like 0.37 Aur. Then I sent to the wallet 0.5 and it updated to a balance of 0.5.

I sent out a few fractions of 0.1 Aur but the balance didn't update unless I closed the browser and opened it again. Perhaps this was while the transaction was still unconfirmed I don't know.
Dinobotta
Dev team

Return to Verkefnin (Projects)