Thanks for the reply.
I think it's a good thing the domain name redirection. Balduro doesn't want to stop the Auroracoin adventure.
Had it on my list to contact you so I'm happy to see you here.
I have seen an email (perhaps you) few months ago about a new website (this one I think) but no time at this moment, lot of work (we need to eat
Lately there has been some positive movement on Auroracoin. First being that we are close to updating the core code for Auroracoin to the latest bitcoin core, that should prevent the coin from stalling like it has been doing lately and it will bring tons of added security and features to the coin. I think this is directly related to the problem you have been having because the coin is freezing frequently now. So this is our top priority now.
Very good news.
I don't know for the other pools, but I'm one of the small pools which is still alive without problems. Few weeks ago, it was very difficult to lost miners because the network hashrate was at 8000 Mhs and no block found in 24h.
Next Sunday there will be a meeting here in Iceland to officially form the Auroracoin foundation. So after that the coin will have a face and a real presence which has been lacking.
Auroracoin Foundation !! Good idea. Hope we will have news on this forum.
There have been various projects developed for the coin lately like an api, block explorer, Chrome browser wallet, various forum tip bots for example. So there clearly has been some positive development going on.
A lot of work
. Development is important for the coin.
Sorry for my "stupid" question, my english isn't perfect. What are tip bots ?
Regarding your pool (which I actually mined with for a long time). We are at a cross road now regarding what way we will develop the coin. One of the options we were thinking about was to change the coin into a sha-256 coin and merge mine with Bitcoin through Ghash.io. They have actually just responded to us recently and they are willing to do that. The second option we were thinking about would be to develop the coin into a multy- algo coin and that why we would have 5 different hashing algos for the coin. Sha-256 and scrypt would both be present so people would have the possibility to continue to mine those.
Good to see that you are an user of my pool
For the future changes, I know how to compil the Auroracoind, how to modify/maintain/correct bugs but ifwe have a multi algo coin (are there another coins with this option ??), I don't know how to convert the pool.
If i have the informations not too late, I think it will be possible to make the changes
So the coin will not stop in development and my believe is that it will only go up from here. Ending the airdrop is an enormous milestone that everyone has been waiting for before they are willing to support the coin. If you continue to support the coin and continue to run your mining pool I think you should consider the fact that you might need to do some changes to adapt to the changes that will come with the coins new core and hashing algorithm/s
I was worried, but now, all is ok. The coin is on good hands and on the good way. I will continue to support.
I'm not Icelander but I think it was one of the best idea for an altcoin. The idea was good and Iceland is a country I hope to visit one day
I haven't got the time to change the SSL certificate of the pool this week (perhaps friday, but not sure), but the next monday, it will be ok.
I haven't quoted Bimmerhead but thanks again guys for your replys.