User Menu

Login

AuroraSpjall

The official Auroracoin discussion board

Chain freeze

Almenn umræða um allt sem tengist Auroracoin
- General discussion about the Auroracoin ecosystem

by BioMike » 30 Aug 2015 09:30

Seems like a smart person (jump pool) put so many hashes on the chain to cause it to get stuck for 19 hours now. We really need more dedicated hashing or a diff algo solution.
BioMike
Dev team

by FRogers » 30 Aug 2015 14:07

Hi,

I don't understand how it is possible ?

Since the begining of the summer, the hashrate of our pool is very low (we were between 150 and 300 kH/s).
This week we were at 30 kH/s and yesterday at 5 kH/s (20 kH/s today).

With that big Network hashrate, we have an important difficulty and I don't know how we can continue in these conditions.
We have our server renew in 3 days, I think we will stop the adventures. Our server cost a lot and with a small hashrate on our pool and a very big Network hashrate, I can't continue.

I will wait few hours more but I think i will take a decision tomorrow.
FRogers

by BioMike » 30 Aug 2015 20:10

Thank you for letting us know. Which pool is that? I'm considering to rent some additional hashes, to unstuck the chain.
BioMike
Dev team

by FRogers » 30 Aug 2015 22:51

Many thanks for your reply.

My pool is pool.auroracoin.fr.

We are here since near the beginning and I don't understand what's this. How is it possible ? This net hasrate is impossible.
To rent additional hashes won't make miracle, isn't it ? This network hashrate is very important. And the difficulty for the next block will be more important.

Our pool is very serious, in 1,5 years, no problems, we have always paid, the server is always online (~1 hour off in 1,5 years), I think we have made our job as serious it was possible.
Since 2 months our pool hashrate is low, not the net hashrate, so I think people use another pools. It's not a problem for us, we have participated to this project, I'm happy.
We have earned nothing, we are a donation pool and we have earned something like 2000 AUR in donations. But I have personnaly paid more than $30 every months for the server and I have rent a lot of hashrate 1,5 months at the begining (few thousands $).
If our hashrate is low but not the network hashrate, I think people want to continue with another pool and we need to take a decision. With the problem of this weekend, I need to do this more quickly, our server renew is on 3 days and I can't continue to pay with 10 or 20 kh/s.

So, I need to know what is the problem with this very big Net hashrate and what to do with our pool to inform our users. At this time, I don't want to continue because I don't understand what's wrong.
FRogers

by BioMike » 30 Aug 2015 23:02

I understand your situation, the best we can hope for is that you will return when these problems have been solved.

We also don't fully understand yet what's going on here, in one block (with a block time of about 9 minutes) this diff jumped up a lot. The person in our team that is more into diff algo's hasn't come in yet.
BioMike
Dev team

by BioMike » 31 Aug 2015 08:31

Problem has been solved. Chain is going again.
BioMike
Dev team

by FRogers » 31 Aug 2015 08:46

Any idea what has stopped the problem ?
FRogers

by LTEX » 31 Aug 2015 09:01

FRogers wrote:Many thanks for your reply.

My pool is pool.auroracoin.fr.

We are here since near the beginning and I don't understand what's this. How is it possible ? This net hasrate is impossible.
To rent additional hashes won't make miracle, isn't it ? This network hashrate is very important. And the difficulty for the next block will be more important.

Our pool is very serious, in 1,5 years, no problems, we have always paid, the server is always online (~1 hour off in 1,5 years), I think we have made our job as serious it was possible.
Since 2 months our pool hashrate is low, not the net hashrate, so I think people use another pools. It's not a problem for us, we have participated to this project, I'm happy.
We have earned nothing, we are a donation pool and we have earned something like 2000 AUR in donations. But I have personnaly paid more than $30 every months for the server and I have rent a lot of hashrate 1,5 months at the begining (few thousands $).
If our hashrate is low but not the network hashrate, I think people want to continue with another pool and we need to take a decision. With the problem of this weekend, I need to do this more quickly, our server renew is on 3 days and I can't continue to pay with 10 or 20 kh/s.

So, I need to know what is the problem with this very big Net hashrate and what to do with our pool to inform our users. At this time, I don't want to continue because I don't understand what's wrong.

Hi FRogers,

As you know I have been one of your most dedicated miner and tried to contribute as much as I could to uphold your pool. Unfortunately, I had to point my miners to NLG for the moment as part of an earlier promise. I am in the proces of buying extra asics and will return to your pool in one month or so.

Also, I expect new miners coming in soon, since script miners are looking for good alternatives after Litecoin block reward halving.

Maybe I can takeover your pool, so you won't have the burdens anymore?

Just let me know, you know where to find me...
A fool will only look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
LTEX
Dev team

by FRogers » 31 Aug 2015 09:15

Hi LTEX,

I think you are our best miner. There is no problem with your promise, I understand.

I send to you a PM to talk about all of this but I really think this is the end for us.
FRogers

Return to Umræðan (General)