Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

Search

User Menu

Login

AuroraSpjall

The official Auroracoin discussion board

How can non-technical people help AuroraCoin?

Almenn umræða um allt sem tengist Auroracoin
- General discussion about the Auroracoin ecosystem

by jonkolbeinn » 05 May 2015 20:18

Hi everyone.

Firstly I want to congratulate the people behind all of this for making AUR a reality. Secondly, I must also express my excitement when I heard that this cryptocurrency was made for Iceland.

I'm an Icelander who studies abroad, so I didn't know about this until way too late. I was actually reading about Bitcoin and its potential as an alternate currency to fiat currency when I discovered AuroraCoin, and man did I get excited!

My question to all of you is this:

How can regular people, with no computer science/technical background help?

I really want this project of yours to work and I'm wondering how we can help.

Thank you,

Jón
jonkolbeinn
Lurker

by odin » 05 May 2015 21:12

You can buy auroracoin, give auroracoin to your close friends, save a portion of your income as auroracoin
odin

by BioMike » 05 May 2015 21:51

Hello Jon,

Welcome to the forum.

Currently there are a few technical things that need to be sorted out first, before we can get really going. But here are already a few suggestions:

1) Be active on the forum (ask questions, get informed, help others solving problems they encounter and provide ideas) and discuss.
2) Documentation, some of it will be technical, but also a lot non-technical documentation will be required.
3) Translation. The dev team contains a few Icelandic people, but having a few extra people that can help translate interfaces of too-be-written software buts less burden on them, so they can focus on other aspects. Also documentation of Point 2 could use translation.
4) Talk with family in Iceland about it, see if they can come up with ideas to use it in their everyday life (also ideas for promotional things later).
5) Tell what you're good at and see how you can use that to help (discuss this).
6) Timeline at http://auroracoin.is needs to be caught up with. Sort out missing things and write short articles for it.

If there is something specific that you want to help with, let us know.
BioMike
Dev team

by Soltantgris » 05 May 2015 22:07

Pretty sure Jon can help correcting - translating - creating texts.
Soltantgris
rookie

by apcoins » 05 May 2015 23:12

jonkolbeinn wrote:Hi everyone.

Firstly I want to congratulate the people behind all of this for making AUR a reality. Secondly, I must also express my excitement when I heard that this cryptocurrency was made for Iceland.

I'm an Icelander who studies abroad, so I didn't know about this until way too late. I was actually reading about Bitcoin and its potential as an alternate currency to fiat currency when I discovered AuroraCoin, and man did I get excited!

Thank you,

Jón

Sæll Jón (english version below)
Við höfum stofnað samtök um auroracoin á íslandi, Auraráð. Vefsíðan okkar er enn í vinnslu en er þó með virkt form til að sækja um inngöngu, http://aurarad.is/

Það er nóg fyrir alla að gera hjá okkur t.d greinaskrif, þýðingar, prufanir ofl. Það er markmið samtakana að fræða samlanda okkar um kosti tækninnar sem liggur á bakvið auroracoin sem og útskýra á einfaldan hátt notkunarmöguleika. Það mun vera mikil vinna framundan í að útbúa kennslumyndbönd, bæklinga og kennsluefni á hverskyns formi. Ég hvet þig til að vera í sambandi við okkur og við getum örugglega nýtt hæfileika þína.

Hi Jón
We have formed a organization for auroracoin in iceland, Auraráð. The website is still under construction but has a functional registration form to apply for membership, http://aurarad.is/

We have plenty of jobs for everyone for example article writing, translations, beta testing etc. It is the goal of the organization to educate our fellow country inhabitants about the advantages of the technology that lies behind auroracoin and explain in a simple way the usability. There is a lot of work ahead in making teaching videos, brochures and teaching material of all sorts. I encourage you to be in touch with us and we will surely be able to use your ability's. (sorry for the english)
apcoins
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 05 May 2015 23:19

I could use some translation help with my two sites: skiptum.is and spurt.is

You could also help by buying and selling Auroracoin on skiptum.is, and help build activity on spurt.is

Spurt.is requires the use of Auroracoin if you want to set a bounty. It was created specifically to promote the use of AUR.
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by jonkolbeinn » 06 May 2015 11:03

Hi again everyone. Thank you all for the quick replies.

These are informative answers.

I did register on Auraráð, but I'm currently awaiting confirmation.

apcoins wrote: We have plenty of jobs for everyone for example article writing, translations, beta testing etc. It is the goal of the organization to educate our fellow country inhabitants about the advantages of the technology that lies behind auroracoin and explain in a simple way the usability. There is a lot of work ahead in making teaching videos, brochures and teaching material of all sorts. I encourage you to be in touch with us and we will surely be able to use your ability's. (sorry for the english)

I would be glad to help in any way. Informing the public is definitely something that needs to be done.

Teaching videos and teaching material is something that I have been doing lately relating to my medical studies. I have been tutoring people in a general embryology course. I prepared notes and learning material along with very clear and simplified pictures which I drew on wacom tablet. So if I can be of help in that area, even if it's only with very minor things then that would be great.

I could also help with Icelandic-to-English translations if required.

BioMike wrote: Currently there are a few technical things that need to be sorted out first, before we can get really going. But here are already a few suggestions:

1) Be active on the forum (ask questions, get informed, help others solving problems they encounter and provide ideas) and discuss.
2) Documentation, some of it will be technical, but also a lot non-technical documentation will be required.
3) Translation. The dev team contains a few Icelandic people, but having a few extra people that can help translate interfaces of too-be-written software buts less burden on them, so they can focus on other aspects. Also documentation of Point 2 could use translation.
4) Talk with family in Iceland about it, see if they can come up with ideas to use it in their everyday life (also ideas for promotional things later).
5) Tell what you're good at and see how you can use that to help (discuss this).
6) Timeline at http://auroracoin.is needs to be caught up with. Sort out missing things and write short articles for it.

Point 1: I'm currently not in Iceland but I will definitely try to pay attention to what's going on.

Points 2,3,5 and 6: I think this is something that I would be able to do.

Point 4: I called my family right away to ask them if they had heard about this. I will of course continue to spread the word ;)

Bimmerhead wrote: I could use some translation help with my two sites: skiptum.is and spurt.is

You could also help by buying and selling Auroracoin on skiptum.is, and help build activity on spurt.is

Spurt.is requires the use of Auroracoin if you want to set a bounty. It was created specifically to promote the use of AUR.

I would be happy to help with translation. I checked out your site skiptum.is. It looks really clean, I like it :)

Right now I'm studying medicine in Hungary, it's quite intense and time consuming. But with the little extra time that I have, I would love to be a part of this.

Thank you,

Jón
jonkolbeinn
Lurker

by Soltantgris » 06 May 2015 13:02

Jon,

You can also jump in the chat skype group - may be fun to lurk a bit. Just ask me (my skype is ''soltantgris'').
Soltantgris
rookie

by Dinobotta » 07 May 2015 00:00

jonkolbeinn wrote:Hi everyone.

Thank you,

Jón

Sæll/hi Jón and welcome.

I like you, perhaps don't have the right technical background for crypto, I'm a engineer not a programmer. On the other hand I have extensive experience from the banking sector and do what I can to reply to posts about Auroracoin and talk to people about how Auroracoin is perhaps the best solution to the currency controls and the inflation in Iceland. I also try to link my banking experience, i.e. trading on the Icelandic stock exchange to Auroracoin by investing in a ISK/AUR exchange with two other here on auroraspjall.

Soon we will need some people to do translation work, become beta-testers (if you have Icelandic kennitala and a bank account in Iceland).

Later you can help us promote Auroracoin, create games or activities where Auroracoin in involved, perhaps mix Auroracoin with something you are involved in now.

When the new exchange is up and running you can become a market maker by buying and selling to minimize the spread on the market. Buy stuff from merchants that accept Auroracoin, go the extra mile and trade with them, then buy the AUR again on the exchange.

If you are a good with words, pick your field and start spamming questions and answers on the forums and if you are up to it write articles and get them into the local papers.

Then when the exchange is up and running try to get as many merchants to accept Auroracoin.

Hlynur
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Dinobotta
Dev team

Return to Umræðan (General)