User Menu

Login

AuroraSpjall

The official Auroracoin discussion board

Bring AUR back to Iceland !

Almenn umræða um allt sem tengist Auroracoin
- General discussion about the Auroracoin ecosystem

by Soltantgris » 04 May 2015 15:22

So here is the idea. When the exchange will be live, and a paiement processor ready to go, as you proposed, I would set some informational conference for merchants or simple citizens. I would invite most medias, university and college students and obv merchants.

I would then sell the idea of a campaing circling this concept ''Bring AUR back to Iceland - Export Iceland beauty''.

Love it hate it, a lot of AUR are now in foreign hands, and there is no way to use it outside Iceland. So encouraging Icelandic merchants to sell foreigners goods for their AUR would do many positive things:

- Bring AUR in Icelandic hands.
- Export Icelandic product so may encourage tourism and economy.
- Motivate the use of AUR in Icelandic business.
- Good promotional tool (can film a documentary surrounding this ''phenomenon'', discuss with merchands and their first sell experience with AUR, and at the other side, film the buyer, show him with Icelandic clothes, or listening his new icelandic CDs etc.

The idea can be pushed further.

If you can get some 'deals' with local hotel, car rental company, etc, you may even set some offer ''visit Iceland with your AUR''. So foreigners could pay a huge part of their trip in AUR (hotel - car). Still, it would bring in AUR, and stimulate tourism.

I think that it is one of the best approach overall, because everybody wins.

I don't know the legal part - your job guys - but I would start with this - and I'm pretty sure that, with price rising, many of us woul;d be more then happy to spend some, and even to visit you guys.

Let's break the frontiers.
Soltantgris
rookie

by Skarfurinn » 04 May 2015 16:42

I think this is a good idea. We could make a special campaign for this.

Actually tourism is Icelands biggest industry today and is bringing enormous amount of foreign currency to the country. Why not Aur as well.
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by odin » 04 May 2015 16:43

There's a really stylish suit shop in Reykjavik that I would love to sell in cape town south Africa and will happily pay in auroracoin
odin

by Bimmerhead » 04 May 2015 22:16

Import/export using AUR is of great interest to me.

I would buy stuff from Iceland with AUR (I think I saw that suit shop too, and you have a watch company? But very expensive. I am interested in getting used cars from Iceland that we can't get in Canada).

Also very interested in exporting to Iceland from Canada. Again used cars or whatever else we Canadians have that might interest you (maple syrup? oil sands? diamonds?).

I was in a brief conversation with Skarfurinn about this on Skype, but I'm interested in knowing much more if someone is an expert on import/export to/from Iceland.

Particularly dealing person-to-person, rather than with businesses.
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Skarfurinn » 04 May 2015 22:30

I've been thinking that a good trading site that is only for trades in Aur. That would be a great addition to the Auroracoin ecosystem. Would allow Icelandic people to trade directly with each other using only Aur and would be a good platform for people to trade with foreigners as well.
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by Skarfurinn » 04 May 2015 22:35

Bimmerhead wrote:
I am interested in getting used cars from Iceland that we can't get in Canada.

Is this what you are looking for? :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGqX37isa1o

in all seriousness though, this is something we should continue to evolve as it has a lot of potentials.
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 05 May 2015 00:33

Red necks have all the fun!
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Skarfurinn » 05 May 2015 08:51

Bimmerhead wrote:Red necks have all the fun!

we do! :D
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by Skarfurinn » 05 May 2015 08:53

Check this one out if you haven't.

[url]bilasolur.is[/url]
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by BioMike » 05 May 2015 09:30

I also like the idea to get AUR into Iceland.

I bought recently a Fjallraven coat. I know it is Swedish, but I assume Icelandic people also have quality clothing for their outdoor activities. These are the type of things that I would be interested in.
BioMike
Dev team

by Skarfurinn » 05 May 2015 14:21

66°North is very popular here and my foreigners who come here. https://www.66north.com/
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by Soltantgris » 05 May 2015 16:33

I like some of these clothes. Maybe we should starting emailing this company (and many others) and ask if they accept AUR as paiement.
Soltantgris
rookie

by Soltantgris » 05 May 2015 16:38

Skarfurinn wrote:I've been thinking that a good trading site that is only for trades in Aur. That would be a great addition to the Auroracoin ecosystem. Would allow Icelandic people to trade directly with each other using only Aur and would be a good platform for people to trade with foreigners as well.

Would for sur be a must for you guys, being most in the same city, one on one IRL trade would be easy. We have such a website here, it's pretty successful. Basically like ebay, but most trade done IRL after the first contact. Www.kijiji.ca
Soltantgris
rookie

by Skarfurinn » 05 May 2015 18:57

Soltantgris wrote:
Skarfurinn wrote:I've been thinking that a good trading site that is only for trades in Aur. That would be a great addition to the Auroracoin ecosystem. Would allow Icelandic people to trade directly with each other using only Aur and would be a good platform for people to trade with foreigners as well.

Would for sur be a must for you guys, being most in the same city, one on one IRL trade would be easy. We have such a website here, it's pretty successful. Basically like ebay, but most trade done IRL after the first contact. http://Www.kijiji.ca

We have a site like that. bland.is and actually Bimmerhead has made a tip bot for their forum. Would be great to make this kind of site that would be only for trading in Aur.
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by BioMike » 05 May 2015 20:04

Soltantgris wrote:I like some of these clothes. Maybe we should starting emailing this company (and many others) and ask if they accept AUR as paiement.

That would be a great store to buy stuff. One thing though, we need some infrastructure before we can mail them (or we mail them, to ask what they would need to start accepting it; more about getting information from them).
BioMike
Dev team

by LTEX » 06 May 2015 17:44

I would like to take this up on a larger scale. By this I mean sending a real mailing out to all Iceland based companies inviting them to join our initiative and boost export sales by accepting AUR. Anyone from over there up to the job of:

• Translating the mailing (I will draft one soon
  • Getting a list of real company addresses (preferably the ones with webshops)
  • Printing and posting the letters from an Icelandic address

I will pay for all the costs upfront in BTC, we can sort out any involvement from the foundation later.
A fool will only look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
LTEX
Dev team

by Soltantgris » 08 May 2015 01:25

That's great ! Probably good to sync this initiative with an informal conference. And then, doing some magic to get them to be new supporters, well aware of what is the target, why it's so important to share this technology - and the risks related. If well done (mailing (and even phone calls if possible, then conference) i think it will be a success.
Soltantgris
rookie

Return to Umræðan (General)