User Menu

Login

AuroraSpjall

The official Auroracoin discussion board

Auroracoin's promotion

Almenn umræða um allt sem tengist Auroracoin
- General discussion about the Auroracoin ecosystem

by Soltantgris » 28 Apr 2015 19:15

Would like to get control back of Aurora twitter account. Was handled by Baldur and another guy that some of you know (selling once selling it for 2-3 btc). It's already having 700 crypto followers, so it would be nice to get it back. I would handle if no one want to (my english is not that good, so there is probably better option then me for that spot).

Btw many good ideas here !

For outside Iceland, I think that any effort have to be toward replacing the facts on. There is a lot of holes, misconceptions and pure lies out there about Aur. Someone i know told me ''it must be emberassing'' to post some positive tweet about AUR. It mesure all the gap between image and reality, to say the least, and I would focus on filling this gap. Some guys here are pretty good at it, so I would try to set as much interviews as possible - each time spreading the same truth about Auroracoin past and actual - future goals. Positive attention will drive the price up - price up will help acceptation-use in Iceland, use in Iceland will attract investors, investors will drive the price up, so medias would be interested, etc. We need to get rid of the false scammy image first.
Soltantgris
rookie

by Skarfurinn » 28 Apr 2015 20:37

Soltantgris wrote:Would like to get control back of Aurora twitter account. Was handled by Baldur and another guy that some of you know (selling once selling it for 2-3 btc). It's already having 700 crypto followers, so it would be nice to get it back. I would handle if no one want to (my english is not that good, so there is probably better option then me for that spot).

Btw many good ideas here !

For outside Iceland, I think that any effort have to be toward replacing the facts on. There is a lot of holes, misconceptions and pure lies out there about Aur. Someone i know told me ''it must be emberassing'' to post some positive tweet about AUR. It mesure all the gap between image and reality, to say the least, and I would focus on filling this gap. Some guys here are pretty good at it, so I would try to set as much interviews as possible - each time spreading the same truth about Auroracoin past and actual - future goals. Positive attention will drive the price up - price up will help acceptation-use in Iceland, use in Iceland will attract investors, investors will drive the price up, so medias would be interested, etc. We need to get rid of the false scammy image first.

This is absolutely correct. Fortunately all the fiasco around Auroracoin hype and price didn't touch people here in Iceland much, so the Auroracoin name hasn't got this stain on it as it does in the crypto community.

For people here in Iceland it isn't really needed to fix some facts but essential none the less to have good content on the foundation site so people can get all the facts correct if they are exposed to some false information.

Fore the rest of the crypto community this will be a challenge. There were too many unrealistic expectations going on and too many people got burned and feel cheated. So they will stick to the scam callings for some time. I was thinking that maybe to help in this we might write a proper article with all the facts. Explaining the true meaning of this project, what really happened, what is going on and what people can really expect. No hype just simple facts. So that whenever we see people with wrong information we can simply point them to this article where they can get their facts straight. Not a solution to the endless trolling but this might clear up a lot of things for interested people that just have the wrong information.

What do you guys think?
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by sorin » 29 Apr 2015 07:48

I think that a well written and up to date wikipedia article in icelandic and english language it's a good start for the job of informing the people about AUR history and development.
sorin

by Dinobotta » 04 May 2015 22:05

I have an idea on how we use the M1 fund.

We can create a signing bonus for merchants on the new exchange, i.e. if a merchant in Iceland creates an accout on the exchange he will get 1-5000 aur to discount the trading fees and pay him extra 1-2% for the risk of accepting aur.

This way the merchant will have an incentive to deal in Aur.
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Dinobotta
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 04 May 2015 22:11

sorin wrote:I think that a well written and up to date wikipedia article in icelandic and english language it's a good start for the job of informing the people about AUR history and development.

Tip for this post!

+aurtip tip 3 @sorin

(I hope my tipbot is running... I haven't tested it in a while!)
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by sorin » 05 May 2015 08:42

Bimmerhead wrote:
sorin wrote:I think that a well written and up to date wikipedia article in icelandic and english language it's a good start for the job of informing the people about AUR history and development.

Tip for this post!

+aurtip tip 3 @sorin

(I hope my tipbot is running... I haven't tested it in a while!)

I have read the tutorial but still I can't figure out how to use the tipboot. :?
http://104.236.66.174/tipbot/tutorial.html

Thank you for the tip :)
Last edited by sorin on 05 May 2015 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
sorin

by aurtip » 05 May 2015 08:45

Dear, sorin
Thanks for registering your AURtip account. Now automatically accepting tips.
Your deposit address is AQ4S8BiJZrGtYzxJvn9VLKT1irTMZFxL3Q
Your tip was accepted by sorin
Amount: 3 AUR
You accepted an Auroracoin tip from sorin
Your tip was accepted by sorin
You accepted an Auroracoin tip from sorin
Thanks for using AURtip. Instructions are avaialable at http://104.236.66.174/tipbot/tutorial.html
aurtip
Lurker

by Soltantgris » 10 May 2015 23:34

A solid Wiki article up to date would be a hell of a tool. Around the same concept, a complete article as skarfur propose would do good. I think that a serie of interviews repeting the same ideas and routing people to forum/website/wiki_article would help a lot replacing the fact on.

As a side note, with my experience with FLT, i can say that one of the main challenge is to coordinate actions when trying to reach people. It have to be a ''grouped shot'' in my opinion. So let's say we set a solid wiki article, then we publish a version on AUR website, and meanwhile we contact a lot of website to set interviews (its pretty easy to get their attention). Must have many interviews (Petur-Hlynur-Hermann and so), each time pointing to website-wiki etc, and sharing all on twitter, FB, forums, etc.

Nothing new, but i think it is the best action to be taken at first ''outside iceland'' to give you guys a bit of slack from trolls army and agressive/negative post you face non-stop. I know the FUD is not in iceland, but when you will start promoting there, it would be a shame that a lot of them would read negative and false stuff. So i think it's time to take the lead on this. I may help reaching news website.

Any of you have contact at Coindesk ? Would be the best spot to start. And with AUR historic, it may interest them ?
Soltantgris
rookie

by Soltantgris » 11 May 2015 12:03

It would not be that easy to get a coindesk coverage. But maybe we (we=someone able to write a masterpiece) should try to have them publishing a press release or a freelancer article ?

Here is from coindesk contact :

If you're involved in the virtual currency industry and would like to write an article or guest column for us, email us at [email protected].

All start with solid content. If the story is good, i suspect it would be easy to have it published. So please include some gang bang and grizzly fights.
Soltantgris
rookie

Previous

Return to Umræðan (General)