Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

Search

User Menu

Login

AuroraSpjall

The official Auroracoin discussion board

Auroracoin's promotion

Almenn umræða um allt sem tengist Auroracoin
- General discussion about the Auroracoin ecosystem

by Skarfurinn » 16 Apr 2015 14:19

I want to start this thread to get some opinions and ideas from the community on how the Auroracoin foundation can promote the coin in Iceland.

Of course we already have some ideas and plans for what we can do but I'm sure many of you guys have great ideas that we haven't thought of. So we like to hear it. This can be any kind of publicity you can think of and it can include Aur giveaways.
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
User avatar
Skarfurinn
Dev team
 
Posts: 228
Joined: 04 Dec 2014 22:30
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland

by odin » 16 Apr 2015 20:04

I would like to print out thousands of paper wallets that look like bank notes and are denominated as 1 aur and hand them out to Icelanders at coffee shops that accept auroracoin
odin
Newbie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 22 Dec 2014 17:11

by Dinobotta » 16 Apr 2015 21:07

odin wrote:I would like to print out thousands of paper wallets that look like bank notes and are denominated as 1 aur and hand them out to Icelanders at coffee shops that accept auroracoin


Sounds like a good idea.
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Dinobotta
Dev team
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 05 Dec 2014 23:42

by Dinobotta » 16 Apr 2015 21:10

Perhaps this idea is not that hard to implement? Auroracoin treasure hunt.

http://auroraspjall.is/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=102#p666
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Dinobotta
Dev team
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 05 Dec 2014 23:42

by Bimmerhead » 16 Apr 2015 22:37

Remember Casascius physical bitcoins? They are so desireable they carry a huge premium over face value on eBay today.

Perhaps beautifully designed physical auroracoins could be an effective promotion.
Bimmerhead
Dev team
 
Posts: 214
Joined: 06 Dec 2014 04:05

by sorin » 17 Apr 2015 08:59

I think that the primary communication target are the early adopters.
In the beginning It will be nice to organize few meeting where the blockchain technology could be discussed.
The topic of how to store the coins (security), why is a better option for merchants and why Iceland is the best place in the world to use cryptocurrency :)
Also it's important to video record the meetings and post them on a youtube channel with translation for people to see.
At all this meeting organized by foundation, I will give for free at request, AUR stickers for shops (doors, windows, etc.)

The easiest way to promote AUR is using social media AD's like boosted FB posts. The foundation need a active social media management.
User avatar
sorin
Newbie
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 06 Dec 2014 00:08

by Skarfurinn » 17 Apr 2015 11:44

Bimmerhead wrote:Remember Casascius physical bitcoins? They are so desireable they carry a huge premium over face value on eBay today.

Perhaps beautifully designed physical auroracoins could be an effective promotion.


I'm actually having some physical coins manufactured for me but just simple ones that are mainly just for show. :)
They can not hold actually hold aur. The main idea is to use those I'm making to take some good pictures for promotional material and as a prop when we have some events, meetings etc.

But if we like to have some physical coins that can actually hold some Auroracoin, we can check with Denarium (https://denarium.com) which is a Finnish company that is manufacturing physical coins for Bitcoin and see if they like to cooperate with us on this.
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
User avatar
Skarfurinn
Dev team
 
Posts: 228
Joined: 04 Dec 2014 22:30
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland

by Skarfurinn » 17 Apr 2015 11:55

odin wrote:I would like to print out thousands of paper wallets that look like bank notes and are denominated as 1 aur and hand them out to Icelanders at coffee shops that accept auroracoin


Yes, I think that paper wallets might be a good way to distribute the coin in all sorts of promotion.

sorin wrote:I think that the primary communication target are the early adopters.
In the beginning It will be nice to organize few meeting where the blockchain technology could be discussed.
The topic of how to store the coins (security), why is a better option for merchants and why Iceland is the best place in the world to use cryptocurrency :)


Education about Auroracoin and the blockchain technology is one of the core functions the foundation has so we definitely will start with some meetings for interested people then move on to contacting schools, companies and other organisations to offer some introduction in these places.

sorin wrote:The easiest way to promote AUR is using social media AD's like boosted FB posts. The foundation need a active social media management.


Absolutely, we will start here but will need to find someone who is willing to take this full on.
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
User avatar
Skarfurinn
Dev team
 
Posts: 228
Joined: 04 Dec 2014 22:30
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland

by Dinobotta » 17 Apr 2015 22:36

Skarfurinn wrote:I'm actually having some physical coins manufactured for me but just simple ones that are mainly just for show. :)
They can not hold actually hold aur. The main idea is to use those I'm making to take some good pictures for promotional material and as a prop when we have some events, meetings etc.


You continue to surprise me Skarfur.
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Dinobotta
Dev team
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 05 Dec 2014 23:42


by LTEX » 20 Apr 2015 11:56

We have control over Facebook.com/auroracoin, the most important one I think since 70% of Icelandic people use Facebook!
A fool will only look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
User avatar
LTEX
Dev team
 
Posts: 82
Joined: 06 Dec 2014 06:54
Location: The Netherlands

by 208 » 23 Apr 2015 19:49

Hey guys,
I'm actually not from Iceland and I'm still wondering what this "f"-symbol in the Logo means? Does it have something to do with aurora? If you have any interest I might assist you with some Graphic Designs..?
208
Lurker
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 Apr 2015 08:30

by Skarfurinn » 23 Apr 2015 21:01

Hi 208 (nice nic).

All help is more than welcome. :)

The "F" in the logo is the Fé (Fe or Fehu) rune. Which symbols money or wealth. Fé means sheep or cattle and in the old days that was a persons money or wealth.
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
User avatar
Skarfurinn
Dev team
 
Posts: 228
Joined: 04 Dec 2014 22:30
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland

by 208 » 23 Apr 2015 22:19

Ah, good to know!
I ones tryd this: Image ...but I like the Fé!
208
Lurker
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 Apr 2015 08:30

by BioMike » 24 Apr 2015 06:59

For NLG we made coin stickers with the old Gulden/Guldencoin symbol on it and are still in the process of putting it on coins and use those coins to pay at stores. It contains a link to a site where the Dutch can claim their 100NLG. Maybe we could do something similar for Auroracoin (within Iceland).
User avatar
BioMike
Dev team
 
Posts: 117
Joined: 31 Mar 2015 18:38
Location: Voorburg, The Netherlands

by Skarfurinn » 24 Apr 2015 23:27

208 wrote:Ah, good to know!
I ones tryd this: Image ...but I like the Fé!

It's a good idea. But like you mention yourself the fé concept is quite good if you know what it means. I can understand a lot of people scratching their head over the "F". :)
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
User avatar
Skarfurinn
Dev team
 
Posts: 228
Joined: 04 Dec 2014 22:30
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland

by Skarfurinn » 24 Apr 2015 23:32

BioMike wrote:For NLG we made coin stickers with the old Gulden/Guldencoin symbol on it and are still in the process of putting it on coins and use those coins to pay at stores. It contains a link to a site where the Dutch can claim their 100NLG. Maybe we could do something similar for Auroracoin (within Iceland).


I like this concept.

I'm not sure how the claim for the NLG is. Can you claim multiple times if you have multiple claim links or do you have some ways to identify the user so he can just claim once?
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
User avatar
Skarfurinn
Dev team
 
Posts: 228
Joined: 04 Dec 2014 22:30
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland

by BioMike » 25 Apr 2015 09:18

Skarfurinn wrote:
BioMike wrote:For NLG we made coin stickers with the old Gulden/Guldencoin symbol on it and are still in the process of putting it on coins and use those coins to pay at stores. It contains a link to a site where the Dutch can claim their 100NLG. Maybe we could do something similar for Auroracoin (within Iceland).


I like this concept.

I'm not sure how the claim for the NLG is. Can you claim multiple times if you have multiple claim links or do you have some ways to identify the user so he can just claim once?


NLG claim is 100NLG per Dutch person (validated by ID if I'm correct). But you don't have to claim, the site contains a lot of links to NLG resources. It's just a general landing site.

Here is a link showing them:
http://www.guldencoinweb.nl/nieuwsbericht.php?no=12
User avatar
BioMike
Dev team
 
Posts: 117
Joined: 31 Mar 2015 18:38
Location: Voorburg, The Netherlands

by odin » 26 Apr 2015 06:20

A friend of mine designed this bank note for me and he would love to design something for aurora https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCpqPdsW8AEUMqS.png
odin
Newbie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 22 Dec 2014 17:11

by Skarfurinn » 26 Apr 2015 09:27

That's great.

Funny how I never noticed before how much queen Elizabeth has a striking resemblance to Max Keiser. :D
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
User avatar
Skarfurinn
Dev team
 
Posts: 228
Joined: 04 Dec 2014 22:30
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland

Next

Return to Umræðan (General)

cron