Login or Register

Search

User Menu

Login

AuroraSpjall

The official Auroracoin discussion board

What do we need in a PoS system?

by Bimmerhead » 28 Mar 2016 14:05

This thread is to discuss the specs for a PoS system for Auroracoin in Iceland. Start new threads under this same sub-forum to disuss each individual product option.
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Soltantgris » 01 Apr 2016 02:04

I think we should at least offer a AUR-AUR option right from the start. CoinPayment like - so online merchants can sell for AUR. Such option is 500$ - and my understanding is it offer some flexibility. Far from ideal - but that way we would be able to get some merchant on board - selling stuff for AUR.

''Bring AUR Back to Iceland'' ---- ) ''Export Iceland'' ----) ''Support Auroracoin Project : Buy Icelandic goods''
Soltantgris
rookie

by LTEX » 01 Apr 2016 07:36

Good one mate, I bought a Raspberry Pi3 to start testing options for such a solution. My guess is we can also create a portal where merchants can setup payment on mobile phones or tablets. We could also intergrade Waggle in it so people don't have to scan or touch anything. If we wan QR and NFC capabilities we must try to create an app for it, which will be harder.

Anyway, when time lets me, I'm on this soon.
A fool will only look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
LTEX
Dev team

by BioMike » 01 Apr 2016 08:23

Can Waggle send a payment request (a specific amount to be paid)?
BioMike
Dev team

by LTEX » 01 Apr 2016 08:26

Not yet, but that seems to me a relatively simple add-on to the code. We will look into that next week. It actually is would be great if we could perfect that. It would mean payment can be done even more contact-less than NFC!

Imagine being in a store, fitting new pants and pay them with waggle from the fitting-room and walk out with your new pants on :-)
A fool will only look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
LTEX
Dev team

Return to Point of Sale Solutions