User Menu

Login

AuroraSpjall

The official Auroracoin discussion board

Introduction and pull request

Discuss enhancements to Auroracoin core here

by erictj » 20 May 2016 20:36

Hello-

My name is Eric, and recently met several of you at the last Auroracoin meetup at Sólon last week. It was really great chatting with you all, and Hlynur, thanks for the deeper discussion over lamb wraps after the meeting!

Though I've been aware of Auroracoin for a while now, after the meetup I finally dug into it to run a full node. Unfortunately I ran into some issues on Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) with homebrew. I submitted a pull request here to get it to build successfully on OS X.

It's working great now, and have a sync'ed up full node working just fine on my laptop.

Hoping the pull request changes continues to work correctly for other OS's!

All the best-
Eric
erictj
Lurker

by Dinobotta » 22 May 2016 18:27

Hi Eric and thanks for the lamb wrap.

I will ask the others on the dev team to look into the pull request.
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Dinobotta
Dev team

by BioMike » 23 May 2016 14:56

The pull request has been merged into the development branch. It would be great to have more Icelandic software developers in the team.
BioMike
Dev team

by BioMike » 29 May 2016 15:04

Hi erictj, in the PR you said that you found bugs/issues in the BerkeleyDB-5.3 code(?). Could you tell me what they are? I haven't found any issues myself yet (with some limited testing, could be MacOSX related). The next release is due in a few weeks, so I'd rather would like to know what these issues are, even if you haven't got a fix for them yet.
BioMike
Dev team

Return to Auroracoin Core Development