Search

User Menu

Login

AuroraSpjall

The official Auroracoin discussion board

Change the look and feel

Discuss enhancements to Auroracoin core here

by Bimmerhead » 21 Mar 2016 19:35

I'd like to see some suggestions as to how we can enhance the GUI of the core wallet.

For example, here is a good-looking one from eMunie:

Bimmerhead
Dev team

by BioMike » 22 Mar 2016 22:45

Personally I'm more into a minimalistic approach (simple and fool proof in usage). The wallet should be for payments and things around that and not a fully-fledged web browser and email client with payment options.

I've made some GUI mash ups last week:

ImageImageImage

The "Auroracoin News" part in the Home screen could be anything... or just an RSS/Twitter feed with Auroracoin news. Could be configurable as well.
BioMike
Dev team

by Polarbear » 22 Mar 2016 23:01

I am with biomike on this one. KISS method for the masses.... and maybe somebody makes a merchant-friendly wallet on top of core for the more challenging users... :)

one thing missing is "import paper wallet" feature, i think it will be challenging for most users to go to the cmd-line interface of current wallet to type in a gazillion character string with some arguments :)
Polarbear

by BioMike » 22 Mar 2016 23:11

Polarbear wrote:one thing missing is "import paper wallet" feature, i think it will be challenging for most users to go to the cmd-line interface of current wallet to type in a gazillion character string with some arguments :)

I guess the paper wallet needs to be scanned to an image first? Or through a webcam? And then processed to text to be imported. Or are they also available as QR-code?

[edit]
That's a bit of advanced feature that not everyone might use, so that could maybe better be made into a separate tool.
[/edit]
BioMike
Dev team

by Polarbear » 22 Mar 2016 23:28

even if we just have an input field somewhere upfront that you can type in your key and hit "import private key" button, that would be a massive improvement.

I know qr code reading on a desktop (or laptop for that matter) is not good, but making users go to some weird console thingy hidden in the "help" menu and issue commands to import private key is something to avoid.
Polarbear

by BioMike » 22 Mar 2016 23:45

Well, my plan is to get rid of the console any way (the thing is buggy in the way it works, also in other coins), and not useful. If you want to do the things in that console, you'd be better off with auroracoind and auroracoin-cli.

The thing you suggest would be relative easy to implement as a standalone tool.
BioMike
Dev team

Return to Auroracoin Core Development