User Menu

Login

AuroraSpjall

The official Auroracoin discussion board

iPhone wallet

Spjallþræðir varðandi verðlaun fyrir verkefni tengd Auroracoin
- Posts and discussion about bounties related to Auroracoin

by Bimmerhead » 06 Dec 2014 04:23

I'm willing to put up 15,000 AUR at current prices ($0.028 US) for the development of an Auroracoin iPhone wallet.

Hopefully some of you will join me and we can make this happen.

Could some Icelanders share with us what they guesstimate to be the iPhone market share in Iceland?
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Skarfurinn » 07 Dec 2014 01:24

Bimmerhead wrote:Could some Icelanders share with us what they guesstimate to be the iPhone market share in Iceland?

I'll see if I can find those numbers somewhere.
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by Skarfurinn » 08 Dec 2014 00:01

Haven't been able to find accurate data for mobile phones but most of the sources that give some information about this only measure the OS being used. When it gets down to the OS it seems like it's 50-50 between Android and iOS. What we need to take into consideration here is that iPad is completely dominant there when it comes to tablets. Android is maybe gaining a bit in the last year but I think it's still very small compared to iPad.

If you want my guess for the smartphone market I would say that iPhone might have 30-35% of the market.
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by LTEX » 08 Dec 2014 19:13

The Guldencoin project already has a very solid and working IOS wallet (also a Merchant APP!). I think once that is released to Apple for approval and then accepted I can range the DEV to help us out with this. Unfortunately we first need to tackle the challenges with the blockchain (and Clevermining) First...
A fool will only look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
LTEX
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 08 Dec 2014 19:44

LTEX wrote:The Guldencoin project already has a very solid and working IOS wallet (also a Merchant APP!). I think once that is released to Apple for approval and then accepted I can range the DEV to help us out with this. Unfortunately we first need to tackle the challenges with the blockchain (and Clevermining) First...

I wonder if there is opportunity for the Auroracoin and Guldencoin projects to co-operate on a range of activities, given that our target markets don't overlap in any way.

In fact, maybe a co-operative between developers of several national cryptocurrencies could ease the amount of development work for everyone.

AND maybe a co-operative effort could help all national cryptos in securing their own blockchains (I'm thinking multi-merged-mining situation).
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 11 Dec 2014 20:18

Here's another option for an iPhone wallet, adapting breadwallet: https://github.com/voisine/breadwallet
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Skarfurinn » 11 Dec 2014 23:53

LTEX wrote:The Guldencoin project already has a very solid and working IOS wallet (also a Merchant APP!). I think once that is released to Apple for approval and then accepted I can range the DEV to help us out with this.

This would be great!

LTEX wrote:Unfortunately we first need to tackle the challenges with the blockchain (and Clevermining) First...

What problems are we talking about with Clevermining?

I think that Bimmer might be on to something here. Co-operation between some of the country coins should be something to consider.
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 07 Feb 2015 22:21

I've been thinking about this idea of an altcoin co-operative again, where the developers from many small, floundering coins work together.

Can someone who has the technical knowledge articulate for me what the benefits of co-operation would be to an individual developer?

Can we say that it would cut down their development time for wallets, tipbots, merchant tools etc. by X%

Would the coins all need to be similar? For instance, to make this work should they all be scrypt mining coins? Have a standard feature-set?
Bimmerhead
Dev team

Return to Verðlaun (Bounties)