User Menu

Login

AuroraSpjall

The official Auroracoin discussion board

Icelandic Cryptocurrency Society

Spjallþræðir varðandi verðlaun fyrir verkefni tengd Auroracoin
- Posts and discussion about bounties related to Auroracoin

by Dinobotta » 08 Dec 2014 14:04

Baldur donated 1.000.000 AUR to the Icelandic Cryptocurrency Society (ICS) for bounties/projects that further the adoption of AUR.

I think Jóhann Eiríksson a.k.a. joiblumen knows more about the donation and what we need to do to channel these coins into AUR projects.

My first thoughts are to set a bounty for a iPhone wallet, to finance the first months of running the exchange and for the first merchant apps that connects to the exchange.
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Dinobotta
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 08 Dec 2014 14:13

I agree, especially regarding iPhone wallet.

Anyone know how to contact the guys who did the Android wallet to see if they're interested in doing this?
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Skarfurinn » 08 Dec 2014 14:30

Wasn't it joiblumen that did the Android wallet?
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 08 Dec 2014 16:16

I think JoiBlumen helped a guy called Nite69.

Where is jb? Isn't he deeply involved with the foundation?
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by LTEX » 08 Dec 2014 19:55

Bimmerhead wrote:I think JoiBlumen helped a guy called Nite69.

Where is jb? Isn't he deeply involved with the foundation?

I have been trying to get in contact with Nite99 for quite some time now. Unfortunately I get no respons from him (not even on his private account). He would really be a big asset to our project!

I also wonder when we are going to see some activity here from Joiblumen as well. I understand he is somewhat careful atm, but his presence here would be very nice as well...
A fool will only look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
LTEX
Dev team

by Bimmerhead » 08 Dec 2014 20:23

regarding the Icelandic Cryptocurrency Society -

Do they have a website?
Are they meeting periodically?
Do they have a board of directors?
Have they made any statements or issued and media releases?

If they don't already have a presence on the web, perhaps they would like a sub-forum on this board.

Who is the driving force behind the Society?
Bimmerhead
Dev team

by Skarfurinn » 08 Dec 2014 21:07

LTEX wrote:I also wonder when we are going to see some activity here from Joiblumen as well. I understand he is somewhat careful atm, but his presence here would be very nice as well...

I just talked with him today and he will register on this forum in the next days if he has the chance but said that in just over a week's time he will be able to put more energy on this with us.
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time. - Blaise Pascal
Skarfurinn
Dev team

by Skarfurinn » 08 Dec 2014 22:07

Bimmerhead wrote: Do they have a website?

No they don't but they have a facebook site but not much happening there at the moment.
https://www.facebook.com/rafmynt?fref=ts

Bimmerhead wrote:Are they meeting periodically?

No they aren't.

Bimmerhead wrote:Do they have a board of directors?

Yes they have.
I was invited to a private facebook group they have and so far I'm the only person there that has made any initiative to try to assemble a meeting (mostly so I can get them to decide on what to do with the donation from Balduro). This has not lead to much success. I have asked joiblumen to help me to assemble these guys when he has time. I hope to be able to do this in December.

Bimmerhead wrote:Have they made any statements or issued and media releases?

Yes I think there was some press release in the beginning.

Bimmerhead wrote:Who is the driving force behind the Society?

Not much driving force behind this at the moment. I'm sure I could get things going there but I can only do so much at any given time. :) My main focus is and will be on Auroracoin. When we start to lift this project off the ground others will follow. That is just the way things are.

Giving them a subforum here is a good idea. I will be sure to offer that to them.
Skarfurinn
Dev team

Return to Verðlaun (Bounties)